Thursday, July 22, 2004

Greetings from Augsburg College

Though I did not start this blog to keep you informed of my daily goings on, I can't resist the urge to post from Minneapolis, where Dennis and I are attending the Lutherans Concerned biennial assembly. I just left the opening worship service where I got a chance to meet Marty Haugen. His name may not be familiar to you, but his music certainly is. Marty has written so many of my favorite church songs, including All Are Welcome, We Remember, We Walk by Faith, and Gather Us In, which is the theme of this conference. I even got his autograph!

Since so few people are aware of this blog (yet:), that is), I'm probably just writing it to myself, but if you are one of they select few that I invited to preview it (or just stumbled across it somehow while "surfing the web", please let my know by posting a comment (you just click on the "Comment" link under this post).

Well, that it's for now. I'm looking forward to the rest of the conference, and will be returning to Lansing late on Monday night.

ps. I also ran across a big article on Joan Chittester in Wednesday's USA Today. I'll be posting that link later after I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home